Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Another Round of Pitches to Adult Swim

Out goes another 3 pitches to Adult Swim. That comes to a total of 7 now. Although, it seems like we've sent way more than that. Maybe we're just getting used to it now. I don't want to say that we're getting good at it, but I'm not sure how else to say it... I know, we're starting to understand it more now. Yeah, that's it. I don't think any of us have pitched so much in all our lives. It's like we're Clark and Michael now or something.

In fact, we've discussed gathering all of our ideas into an official Rejected Game Ideas list. I bet we could hit 50 at this point. Of course, many of them look like this:

CULTure Shock
You play as an aspiring cult leader and must build up your membership while trying to secure the necessary inventory for the rapture. Run into normal everyday problems along the way; the store is out of kool-aid, run out of gas, rent bills piling up.

Game mechanics?
* Collecting membership and putting them to work building the future
* Devising mass suicides
* Dealing with everyday problems


So it's not like the list would be a novel or anything. This is one of the better rejected ones; some of them are pretty tasteless. I think that's what would make the book so entertaining.

Speaking of that, I think it would be great to compile them into a book and use an on-demand printing company like Blurb to sell the book online. Of course, this is exactly something I would say. I always seem to be looking for some crazy way to get us some money, since, you know, we're dirt poor and all.

Hopefully, we're getting closer to the kind of ideas Adult Swim is interested in. We can keep going, though. If we do, I just hope that we get to the point where we're the pitch-giving equivalent of when you get really, really tired at 4am, and you start to get all delirious. Then it's really going to get interesting.

No comments: