Saturday, September 22, 2007

thatgamecompany's Flower


Friends from thatgamecompany have been busy working on a game called Flower. Derek Yu from TIGSource puts it best: "it looks quite evocative, although little is known about how it actually plays." I would like to add that the visuals look to be inspired by Boring 3D (a GOOD thing). That guy freaking rules, and I think he should at least get some props in the credits. The teaser tailer for Flower seems to suggest that the player will be some form of organic matter doing something related to pollinating flowers, though one can't be sure.


Ever since I watched the anime series Last Exile in May, I've wanted to make a game where the entire experience took place in a peaceful, endless field. Well, I also love walking through the grass with my bare feet on, so that could have something to do with it, too. :) Apparently TGC is one step ahead of me. If that's the case, I know exactly what their next game after Flower is going to be.

No comments: